10 Tips To Play Online Slots Better
Slot games are tons of fun and they can be very lucrative too. While unlike many other casino games, slots are entirely based on chance, there are a few tips and strategies you can use to get more out of your slots play and make the fun go on for longer.
Here are our top ten slot game tips, to help you maximise the enjoyment and increase your chances of getting that great payout.
Mr Green Review
Gala Casino Review
Casino Room Review
William Hill Vegas Review
Slots Café Review
- Play for fun first: Most online casinos give players the chance to play for free on demo mode and this can be a fantastic way to get used to a new slot game, test out your strategy and build up some confidence before you switch to playing for real money. Playing for free is also a good idea if you are managing your bankroll and just want to enjoy the fun of playing without having to put yourself under pressure to get that big win.
- Vary it up: Playing different games is a good way to stave off boredom and find new favourites. There are so many different types of slot game out there from basic three and five reel games through to complex progressive jackpots. With the huge array of different themes and styles you’re sure to find a game that suits you. Playing a range of different games is also a great way to learn what type of games you like the best. If you limit your options to one particular game style you might never know what you’re missing out on.
- Play progressives if you want that big jackpot: If you’re a high roller and you don’t mind wagering a decent amount on slots, progressives are going to be a good bet for you. Progressive slot games work on a pooled jackpot that is connected across a network of casinos. Each time someone places a bet on the game, a portion of their bet goes into a central pool and contributes to the overall jackpot. This will keep on rising until someone takes the lot. While progressive jackpots can cost a bit more to play, there is the potential for a life changing payout.
- Gamble responsibly: Responsible gambling is important if you want to keep the fun going. Only gamble money you can afford to lose and don’t waste time and money chasing your losses. Most uk casinos offer help with bankroll management including self-exclusion and maximum deposit limits so you can stick to your budget without any stress. By gambling responsibly you can focus on having fun without the need to worry about overspending.
- Try video poker: Video poker is very similar to slots but it comes with better odds. If you’re serious about making some money from your online gambling, video poker could be worth a try. There is a bit of strategy involved in video poker, unlike slots it’s not entirely random but with the right strategy you can actually improve your odds and reduce the house edge. If you’re ready for another challenge, and you love the online slots format, video poker may be just the ticket.
- Know your volatility: Are you a high risk, high reward type player or do you prefer low risk lower payouts? Different slot games come with different levels of risk that will suit different personalities. For example, slot games that require a high initial wager are likely to have a higher payout percentage and payout amount, but you’re also risking more. On the other side of the equation you have games with lower bet sizes that often pay out smaller amounts more frequently. These are great for players who just want to keep playing for as long as they can and don’t particularly want to risk a lot in the process.
- Start with small bets: If you’re new to online slots or you’re testing out a new game, it’s a good idea to start with a smaller bet and work your way up. Once you understand how a game works and what the different payout combinations are you can increase the amount you bet, but it’s never a good idea to jump straight into betting the maximum. Each slot game is different and a few practice rounds will let you get the hang of it so you feel more confident betting a larger amount.
- Don’t stop after a slot pays out: Unlike a land-based slot machine, online slots don’t go ‘cold’ once they have paid out. Online slot games work on a random number generator and this generator has no memory of previous turns so it doesn’t know if a game has paid out or not. Even after a game has paid out you still have the same chance of winning, whatever the size of the payout. So if you’re having fun on a game you love, there’s no need to stop unless you want to.
- Keep an eye out for slot games with bonus rounds and special features: Many slot games, especially progressive games and video slots feature bonus games and extra features. These are not only fun and add to the excitement of playing, they can also increase your chances of winning. Common features include free spins, wild symbols, scatter symbols and bonus games.
- Do your homework before accepting a bonus: There are plenty of free spins bonuses out there and some of them seem too good to be true. Before you take any bonus always read the fine print. Most casino bonuses come with wagering requirements and game restrictions that can make it impossible to ever withdraw your winnings. The problem is if you don’t meet their requirements, you can lose not only your bonus, but also any winnings you have received from it.
Hopefully these tips will help you get more out of your online slots gaming and avoid some of the common pitfalls that slots players often encounter.