iOS Casino Apps
With 71% of adults in the UK owning a smartphone, and 61% of the population using a mobile device to connect to the internet, it’s no surprise that online casinos have in recent years concentrated on producing apps that make playing mobile slots and other games on a smartphone or tablet a quick and straightforward business. And with almost half the UK’s mobile users owning an Apple iOS device, iPhone and iPad casino apps are very popular, due in no small part to the fact that they are free, easy to download from iTunes and make mobile casinos very accessible on any sort of iOS hand-held device.
Our table below contains the best casino apps for iOS devices:
Mr Green Review
Gala Casino Review
Casino Room Review
William Hill Vegas Review
Where do I find the best casino apps for iOS devices?
In our reviews of mobile casinos and casino apps, we recognize the importance of mobile gaming and so we dedicate a good deal of time to examining casino apps for iOS devices, including iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch. We discuss which mobile casino apps have the best ranges of games and other features, and so if you are looking to download a slots app for your Apple device, there’s no better place to start than our online casino reviews. We also provide links to the appropriate iTunes pages where you can download a casino’s iOS app.
Alternatively, if you already know the casino brand app that you want to download, it is quick and simple to go directly to iTunes, institute a search (usually the name of the brand is all you need), and download the app in this way.
Compatible iOS Devices
Most of the iOS casino apps that we recommend are designed to operate on iOS 8.0 (which was released in early 2015) and above. If a casino app is designed for iOS 8.0+ or 9.0+ you will need one of the following devices to be able to download, install and play:
- iPhone 4S or later
- iPod Touch 5th generation or later
- iPad 2 or later
However, if a casino app has been designed for iOS 10.0+, the minimum requirement is
- iPhone 5 or later
- iPod Touch 6th generation or later
- iPad 4th generation or later
How to download casino apps to your iOS device
Downloading a casino app from iTunes is a straightforward process and works in the same way as any other app download and installation:
- Search in iTunes or follow our link to the iTunes page for your desired app.
- Click on ‘View in iTunes’, and you will be redirected to the iTunes store.
- Click ‘+Get’ (if your settings aren’t adjusted so that you can download free apps without having to log in to your iTunes account, you may need to enter your Apple ID and password and log in at this point).
- Click ‘+Download’
- If your iOS device is synced so that new apps are installed automatically, your newly downloaded app should be available on your home screen. If not, you will need to sync your device so that the app is now available. Do this by clicking the app’s Install button in your list of apps and then syncing your device.
- Log in or register for a new player account and you’re ready to go.
Are casino apps on iOS devices legal?
Provided a mobile casino is licensed and regulated by the UK Gambling Commission, it is entirely legal for players over the age of 18 in the UK to access casino apps in iTunes, and to download, install and use them on any iOS iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch.
As of May 2017, Apple’s share of the UK mobile phone market had reached 49%, and this explains why the leading online casino brands all offer their players high quality iOS apps. The downloading process is quicker and more straightforward than installing casino apps on Android smartphones and tablets due to the fact that are available from the iTunes store, and this one of the reasons that they are so popular with UK mobile casino players.
Our reviews describe in detail the best iOS casino apps for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch, and include the number, type and variety of games available on the major casino brands’ apps, along with the many other services and features they offer.