Biggest Winning Jackpots
Progressive jackpot slots give ordinary players the opportunity to become multimillionaires in the space of a moment. Over the years we’ve seen some huge payouts from progressive slot games, some for an initial stake of just a few pennies.
The appeal of progressive slots is undoubtedly their huge payouts, and while the odds of winning may be slim, if you do get lucky you’ll be set for life. We’ve collected the best progressive jackpots all in one place so if you’re keen for a slice of the action, here’s where you can get started:
How Big Jackpots are Won
Progressive slot games are much like any other slot games apart from their huge jackpots. You place your wager, you spin the reels and you hope for the best. Progressive games often come with bonus features and special rounds that if activated will put you in the running for the big win. In most cases you will need to bet the maximum amount to be in for a shot at the progressive, but this is not the case for all the progressives.
You’ll usually find the progressive games in a separate category to the typical slot games so they are easy to find. Check through the terms and conditions and the payout table before you get started so you fully understand what you need to do and if necessary, take a few practice goes to get the hang of it.
The 5 Biggest Online Slots Jackpots
1. Mega Moolah: Mega Moolah is probably the most popular of all the progressive slot games and it’s easy to see why. With a fun African safari theme, Mega Moolah is really two games rolled into one. There’s a normal slot game and then the jackpot bonus game, which is randomly triggered and will get you in for a shot at the big payout. This peaked at £13.2 million in 2015 and was declared by the Guinness Book of Records to be the biggest online slots jackpot ever.
2. Mega Fortune: This NetEnt progressive slot game paid out a whopping €17.8 million in 2013. Its theme is in keeping with its jackpot with an ultra rich and glamorous feel, the symbols are limousines, boats and watches alongside champagne, brandy and cigars. As a five reel, 25 payline slot game, Mega Fortune seems pretty standard for an online slot except you can be in for a chance at the big jackpot if you unlock the bonus round.
3. Hall of Gods: Channel your inner Viking in this Nordic themed NetEnt progressive slot game. With a biggest ever jackpot win of €7,820,888 there is plenty of cash up for grabs here. This is a five reel, 20-payline slot and to activate the bonus game and get in for a chance at the big prize you need to play all paylines at max bet. The bonus game is triggered randomly when you spin three bonus symbols in a winning payline combination.
4. Arabian Nights: Arabian Nights is another great NetEnt progressive with an Arabian theme reminiscent of Aladdin. As a 10 payline, five reel slot, Arabian Nights has a simple format where unlike other games when a bonus game is required, all you need to do to win the big payout is land five Prince symbols on an active payline, with the maximum bet staked. This game has paid out as much as €4,800,000 but the average payout is more like €1,800,000.
5. Beach Life: As a Playtech game, Beach Life takes its fun, retro seaside theme and applies it to the lucrative world of progressive slot gaming. Beach Life follows a fairly standard five reel, 20-payline format and if you manage to land five Sun symbols on the 20th payline you win the big jackpot. Beach Life is very lucrative with a maximum win of $8,211,861 in 2012.
Biggest Online Slots Jackpot Winners
While there have been hundreds of progressive jackpot winners over the years, a few have stood out from the rest. If these three big winners don’t inspire you, nothing will:
1. Jon Heywood: Jon Heywood is a British soldier from Cheshire in the UK and he had a surprise win playing Mega Moolah. This British player won a record breaking £13,212,882 playing Mega Moolah at Betway casino on the 6th October, 2015.
2. Marcus Goodwin: This Canadian player was lucky enough to win $11,633,898.44 on Mega Moolah in November 2016. When contacted after his win he said he was going to use his money to buy a big house and a vacation cottage along with a holiday for his family.
3. Rawiri Pou: This former KFC employee from New Zealand won NZ$10.1 million playing Mega Moolah in June, 2016. Mr. Pou reported that he was going to spend his millions on his close-knit family.
How to improve your odds of winning the big jackpot
While all online slots are a game of chance, there are a few ways you can increase your chances of getting a good payout and hitting the big jackpot, depending on the game you’re playing. Here are a few suggestions we have to help you improve your odds at progressive slots:
- Bet the maximum: For the vast majority of progressive games, if you want to win big you have to bet big. This means betting the maximum amount so you can be in for a shot at triggering the bonus game that will lead you to the big payout.
- Learn the ropes first: Take some time to familiarize yourself with any new progressive slot. Sometimes you can play for free or if not, think about betting low for the first few tries until you’ve got the hang of it. Don’t forget to read through the paytable first up so you can understand what you need to do to win.
When it comes to online progressives, the odds of winning might be small but if you do come up with the goods, you’ll be set for the rest of your life. Also, the games are a lot of fun with great themes and plenty of action packed features so regardless of whether you win or not, you’ll still be guaranteed to get plenty of enjoyment out of it. If you’re keen to give progressive slots a go, why not try Mega Moolah at Leo Vegas Casino?